• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Storage Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LKREMR

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I sold my house 1 Jun 05, when I sold the house I still had property there (an RV Camper) and the buyers were well aware of this. They had been living there for 2 weeks at that time. The weekend after we closed I went to retrieve the camper but was unable to do to maintenance problems on the camper (the jacks to raise it up didn't work). I told the current owner the situation and the fact I would be out of town for two to three weeks. I was told it was not a problem. The weekend I was back I tried again to get the camper but was unable to fix the jacks. Mean while I have been trying to find someone to go look at it but was unable to locate anyone. I finally found someone that could tell me what else I could try but I just got a phone call from the current owners saying that I owe them a $500 storage fee and if the camper is not gone within 48 hours they will "dispose" of it. I don't mind paying storage fees but the normal rate is 25 to 40 per month. Can they force me to pay this or keep me from getting my camper until I do?

HomeGuru

LKREMR said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

I sold my house 1 Jun 05, when I sold the house I still had property there (an RV Camper) and the buyers were well aware of this. They had been living there for 2 weeks at that time. The weekend after we closed I went to retrieve the camper but was unable to do to maintenance problems on the camper (the jacks to raise it up didn't work). I told the current owner the situation and the fact I would be out of town for two to three weeks. I was told it was not a problem. The weekend I was back I tried again to get the camper but was unable to fix the jacks. Mean while I have been trying to find someone to go look at it but was unable to locate anyone. I finally found someone that could tell me what else I could try but I just got a phone call from the current owners saying that I owe them a $500 storage fee and if the camper is not gone within 48 hours they will "dispose" of it. I don't mind paying storage fees but the normal rate is 25 to 40 per month. Can they force me to pay this or keep me from getting my camper until I do?

**A: yes they can. Next time move the crap prior to closing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">