• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement or right of way??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jolive1

What is the name of your state? NC.
My parents have offered me 10 acres of family farm land (7 of which are in an environmental program and can't be built on or touched) The problem is that it is almost landlocked. How do I go about acquiring and easement or right of way from neighboring landowners? There are only 2 viable options that I have seen by looking at a parcel map, access to the land from the other side would mean crossing at least 4 other properties, and my driveway would be about a mile and a half long. Also the southeastern corner of the land is in the aforementioned program, so building a drive on that portion is not an option. Thanks for any advice!!

BelizeBreeze

Unless you are completely landlocked you can't force the issue. Simply ask your neighbors for an ingress/egress easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">