• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I would like to know because I am getting really mad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

throne42

What is the name of your state?florida I would like to know this I had a conference call set up with my attorney for today 8/15/05 at 1:00pm and I call is office and the lady at the desk told me to call him back at 1:20pm because he was still on another conference call. I am looking to settle my case and I have some question of him so I call back at 1:20pm and he is still on the phone with someone esle .I don't want him to settle my case until I can either go to is office and talk to him in person or I can talk to him by phone. So his paralegal said to me that he said he already talk to me about settling and he only wants to hear the okay but I want to talk to him about other issues that I have like the doctor that he sent me to I don't want to go back there so I want to pick a doctor of my own choosing because of something that I saw at the office like the first day I went there a police was there because someone did some theft there and second time I went there I saw alot of broke glass outside someone broke all the widows in the building. And the third time I went there the doctor said she shedule me for an MRI the week before and she ask me if the MRI people call me yet and they did not call and the same day that I was there her assistant call my work insurance company to set up an appointment for me to see the MRI place and I have still not heard from them at home. I would like to talk to him before I settle the case and I think tha it was very rud of him not to respond to me I feel that I have the right to either talk to him about settle the case or he set of appointment for me to come into his office. If the attorney and the insurance company authorize me to go to the doctor he knows of can I switch doctors on my own and than have the insurance company pay for it.

Last edited:

Lisabyday

Explain to the paralegal that you are not agreeing to any settlement until you have been able to clarify a few things with your attorney. As to choosing your own doctor, you may ask for a panel of workers' comp doctors that you may choose to go. If you select a different doctor (without prior consent from the work comp carrier) you will probably have to pay for the visits out of your own pocket. Reason being, 1. he is not an authorized work comp doctor; and 2. your personal insurance will not pay becuase it is a work comp injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">