• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Poohnpiglet

What is the name of your state?Alabama
Five years ago my best friend, Dee's, mother, Sarah, told Dee and her sister that she was going to give them each an acre of land out of 8 acres that she owned. Dee didn't have good enough credit to get financed on a mobile home for the acre so my mother signed on the mortgage with her. It worked out best for the three of us (Dee, my mother, and myself) to live together and split the bills anyway, as Dee is on full disability. So we had a well and septic tank put on the land (which is in my mother's name). After we had moved onto the land (a year later), Sarah decided that she wasn't going to give Dee the land after all nor was she giving any land to Dee's sister who had also moved out here on her acre. Instead, Sarah wanted Dee to give her $10,000 for the acre but said that she would not put the land in Dee's name. Sarah ended up putting all of the land in Dee's brother's name and he assumed the mortgage on all the land. Dee's sister ended up having to pay $23,000 for her acre after all was said and done but it was put in her name. We never had the money to purchase the land and didn't see the point in doing so since Sarah said that she was adamant that she would not put this land in Dee's name (because my mother's name is on the mortgage). Now here is the problem. Dee's brother told us the other day that he is going to sell all of the property now, including the acre that we are on. We would have never put the mobile home on the property if we had any idea that this might happen and now we don't have the money to move it, is there anything that we can do to keep him from selling the land out from under us?? Thanks for any information that you can give us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">