• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens when a co-owner in a Home has spent no money in the last 20years.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wmckeiver

What is the name of your state? Florence, SC
My mother and her sister co-0wned the home and estate. My aunt died 20 years ago and her children have not invested in the homes upkeep. When the mother died the house was worth $7000.00 and because my mothers children have been keeping it up, it is now worth $30000.00, we want to know is there a law stating how much should be invested and for what periods for them to retain ownership. The mothers estate was never probated. :mad:

BelizeBreeze

wmckeiver said:
What is the name of your state? Florence, SC
My mother and her sister co-0wned the home and estate. My aunt died 20 years ago and her children have not invested in the homes upkeep. When the mother died the house was worth $7000.00 and because my mothers children have been keeping it up, it is now worth $30000.00, we want to know is there a law stating how much should be invested and for what periods for them to retain ownership. The mothers estate was never probated. :mad:
First, How were the names listed on the Deed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">