• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused by legal jargon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trianglemurban

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My sisters and I inherited my grandmothers home but giving me life estate. My eldest sister is beneficiary. My youngest sister spoke to the lawyer the other day and he mentioned to her that my eldest sister has the consent of all beneficiaries to close the estate. What does this mean? We haven't signed anything giving consent and are concerned. The lawyer also mentioned that if my eldest sister does not act on the information sent to her (don't know what that is), that he will withdraw from the estate. What does that mean?

I am confused and don't know that I am getting the truth from all parties including the lawyer.

HELP!

HomeGuru

trianglemurban said:
What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My sisters and I inherited my grandmothers home but giving me life estate. My eldest sister is beneficiary. My youngest sister spoke to the lawyer the other day and he mentioned to her that my eldest sister has the consent of all beneficiaries to close the estate. What does this mean? We haven't signed anything giving consent and are concerned. The lawyer also mentioned that if my eldest sister does not act on the information sent to her (don't know what that is), that he will withdraw from the estate. What does that mean?

I am confused and don't know that I am getting the truth from all parties including the lawyer.

HELP!
**A: that means the attorney is fed up with beneficiary taking so long to act.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">