• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor-paintball BLIND.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juliapre

What is the name of your state? Minnesota - accident in Wisconsin.

My son who is now 21 has decided HE DOES want to persue claim for injury that happened 4 yrs. ago while camping with his Dad, playing with someone else's paintball gun and other minor shot him in the eye, unsupervised...dangerous weapon... should have never happened! He is blind in his one eye now. I truly regret that as a parent i did not persue legal action back then. Is it too late? Thanks.

tigger22472

juliapre said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota - accident in Wisconsin.

My son who is now 21 has decided HE DOES want to persue claim for injury that happened 4 yrs. ago while camping with his Dad, playing with someone else's paintball gun and other minor shot him in the eye, unsupervised...dangerous weapon... should have never happened! He is blind in his one eye now. I truly regret that as a parent i did not persue legal action back then. Is it too late? Thanks.

The SOL for personal injury in Wisconsin is 3 years. Someone else may know this answer better but I believe that the fact he was a minor plays no part in this.

juliapre

6 yrs. in MN? According to this website it says 2yrs. Did I miss something? Thanks though, I really do appreciate your help and we are making an appt. to see attorney today.

tigger22472

Also note that Minnesota is a comparative negligent state. What this means is that if your son was found to be at more fault percentage wise as far as the other person involved then he can not recover any damages.

BelizeBreeze

Three other sites I've checked, including the MN legislature, all have differing timeframes. MN Legislature says 2 but still consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">