• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Nightmare - rights or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdelgrip

AZ - I recently purchased a residential property in Arizona. At the time I made a verbal arrangement with a friend that she would pay half of my closing costs and pay half of the mortgage each month and sign up for utilities. This is a vacation home for both of us. I am the only one on title and the loan. She has bounced the first two checks for the mortgage payments and has yet to give me a payemnt for August - mortgage was due on Aug 1st. I want to reimburse her all closing costs and dissolve the arrangement. My only concern - does she have any right to the house at all and more importantly can she sue me for accrued equity even though it was a verbal arrangement? HELP!!!!

BelizeBreeze

cdelgrip said:
AZ - I recently purchased a residential property in Arizona. At the time I made a verbal arrangement with a friend that she would pay half of my closing costs and pay half of the mortgage each month and sign up for utilities. This is a vacation home for both of us. I am the only one on title and the loan. She has bounced the first two checks for the mortgage payments and has yet to give me a payemnt for August - mortgage was due on Aug 1st. I want to reimburse her all closing costs and dissolve the arrangement. My only concern - does she have any right to the house at all and more importantly can she sue me for accrued equity even though it was a verbal arrangement? HELP!!!!
Verbal agreements are unenforcable in Real Estate transactions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">