• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toben4na

undefined I live in richmond virginia. i have a house that was gifted over to me my my late mother. the house is still not paid for yet so I continue to make payments. i was trying to sell it yet found my mom had two liens on the house which i did not know. i do know she went bankrupt in 92 or 93 yet not sure if these two were in all of that. now with the finance charge added it is out of this world. i have no clue what to do now. i am stuck with a house that if i try to sell i have to pay all her liens off and have just about nothing left if any. is there anything that i can do to get her two liens off the house:?? :eek:

HomeGuru

toben4na said:
undefined I live in richmond virginia. i have a house that was gifted over to me my my late mother. the house is still not paid for yet so I continue to make payments. i was trying to sell it yet found my mom had two liens on the house which i did not know. i do know she went bankrupt in 92 or 93 yet not sure if these two were in all of that. now with the finance charge added it is out of this world. i have no clue what to do now. i am stuck with a house that if i try to sell i have to pay all her liens off and have just about nothing left if any. is there anything that i can do to get her two liens off the house:?? :eek:

**A: depending upon what the liens are for and the results of the BK, and the age, statute of limitations and if the liens were perfected, it is hard to say. You need a real estate attorney to review all docs.

toben4na

I Made It Happen

You know sometimes by doing the work yourself it pays off. I contacted both creditors and so far the biggest one has sent in a satisfaction of the lien. if i had not of done it myself the lawyers would of but into it and by paying the lien off even after it was on the BK. Needless to say I am very happy and even though I got only one response from this site. I never gave up researching and finding out what I need to do. Never give up..

pojo2

Whose name is on the DEED to the home? And if hers still is it better be worded correctly

or

Well you better go do some more research as that LOAN on the house should have been satisfied at the time it was gifted to you. One can not give away the collateral for a Mortgage and when and if you decide to sell you could have a paperwork/trail nightmare.

If of course you have permission from the Lender then ignore my post!

HomeGuru

toben4na said:
You know sometimes by doing the work yourself it pays off. I contacted both creditors and so far the biggest one has sent in a satisfaction of the lien. if i had not of done it myself the lawyers would of but into it and by paying the lien off even after it was on the BK. Needless to say I am very happy and even though I got only one response from this site. I never gave up researching and finding out what I need to do. Never give up..

**A: don't pat yourself on the back just yet. Order a title report and you will see that the 2 liens are still recorded on title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">