• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H-1b

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janlin12

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Hi,

This is Sandra. I appreciate any advise I can get from someone. I recently graduated from a graduate school on 05/2005. The followings are my situations:

1. I applied for the OPT and got my EAD which started on 06/30/2005. It will expire on 06/29/2006.

2. I got a job offer before I graduated and my employer applied the H1B for me. The lawyer got my approval notice on 04/15/2005 and the effective date is 10/01/2005. Yet, when the lawyer sent it to me, I didn't receive it. I lost it. But, the lawyer is going to apply for a duplicate one for me later.

In addition, I went back to my country before I got my EAD(pending at that time) on 04/19/2005 but after I lost the approval notice. However, my advisor sent me my EAD on 06/15/2005. Thus, I was able to use the EAD and traveled back here on 06/20/2005 using my F-1 visa-OPT.

Now I have a question, I am a F-1 status now, but do I automatically change to a H-1B status in 10/01/2005? Or my H-1B won't be "activate" until I get the visa stamp in my country? (I am planning to go back after 04/15/2006)

Thank you for your attention and help.

Regards,

Sandra

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sandra, you might do better to post this on the immigration board. There is a very knowledgeable immigration attorney there who no doubt will be able to answer your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">