• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rachel3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alabama...An employee at work has a foul mouth, 8/10 was worse than normal. 8/11 I go to work and put a recorder in my tray,full view,it was not on and nothing recorded. This employee did not come in the store that day so nothing happened. I was going to ask him not to curse in front of me with my boss as a witness and then ask him to see this matter is dealt with. 8/13 I am told by my super that I could not be trusted and I would be informed of a meeting that was to take place and the outcome of my employment. In the meantime I am still handling cash, financial reports A/R, collections etc. it seems that my trust was not that questionable if I was allowed to continue. 8/17 an hour after work I was informed I was terminated for the best interest of the company. No employ/application was ever filled out by me. I even had a short letter of remmendation done by them. I was never going to record (its illegal for one) it was just going to be a deterent for the gutter mouth. My employers were very aware his mouth upset me but he has been there 30 yrs and me...9 mo........can I draw unemployment? What are my rights if any?
Thankyou!
47 and tired of job searches!

Beth3

This is not a wrongful (illegal) termination. If your employer objected to your bringing a tape recorder to work and decided to fire you, they were free to do so. As to whether you can draw UC benefits, if there is nothing more to the situation that you describe, then all likelihood you will be eligible, but I suspect there may be more the story than you have related here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">