• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incase I posted on wrong board....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tarams

I live in VA and work for a very large company. There are 2 specific incidents which seem to be leading up to my termination, which I feel is wrongful, and am in need of advice...

I am going through a divorce and both incidents revolve around court appearances. On the first date, I had an FMLA appt. scheduled that morning, but instead went to meet with a court intake officer and file paperwork. I called work, explained that I was not at the Dr but at court instead. I was asked to bring proof of such upon my return that afternoon and I did. I then consulted a manager to complete my timesheet as I was unsure of how to code the time I had taken. When I recieved a denial of medical absence time, I notified our absenteeism officer that I was not at the Dr appt that day, but rather court. The next day I was "under investigation for falsely reporting my time". A week later I was suspended for a month without pay.

During my suspension, I obtained aletter from the court intake officer verifying that I was with him for the stated period of time. My first union grievance was denied, even though I submitted proof to substantiate my time and my testimony.

The second incident was an actual court appt. where I asked for the day off knowing it would be an extremely stressful day. I was told that I would only be granted 2 hrs plus my lunch time. I went to work that day, went to court when scheduled, and went straight home afterwards with a migraine and being sick to my stomach. I called work to advise that I would not be returning that day. The next day I was again "under investigation" and advised that this would probably lead to termination. I was told that 2 managers from the office went to the court looking for me the day before. I explained that I was in court and that I went no where but straight home afterwards.

I have since been out on FMLA due to the extreme stress I am under between the divorce and now my employment. I have always been honest & truthful with my employer, and can only feel that I am "on the list" and am being harrassed; that my privacy is being invaded, that I am being treated unfairly, and that this is totally unjust.

Is there any way to combat the treatment I am receiving?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">