• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brnurse

What is the name of your state? louisiana
I work for a staffing agency. I was called into the office and handed a termination slip claiming that I had committed payroll fraud. upon discussion with the corporate office it was determined that I did nothing intentionally although i did forget to clock out on a couple of days. it was agreed i would pay back the over wages, and recieved suspension for one day. in the meantime, the agency several days prior to this, called the patients family and told them that i was being fired for payroll fraud. my patient was reassigned new nurses. When this was straightned out the agency called back my patient and told them that I was not terminated and would be available to return. The patients family refused for me to come back. They were told that I had committed payroll fraud and therefore was dishonest. I have been out of work for two weeks as a result with no more work in sight. and my reputation has been ruined. The agency feels that they gave me a break because they could have prosecuted although probably not won, and they do not think that by telling the patients family they have done anything wrong or caused me any hardship. was the act of calling the patient and disclosing this information legal? what are my recourses?

Beth3

i did forget to clock out on a couple of days. it was agreed i would pay back the over wages, How did fogetting to clock out on several days result in you being overpaid? Timekeeping systems vary but in any kind of manual system and some automated systems, employees typically tally up their hours for the week and send or give their timesheet to their supervisor.

brnurse

our system does not require backup timeslips. I am scheduled for twelve hour shifts but sometimes leave early due to many reasons. therefore the payroll clerk assumed i had worked my twelve hour shift and entered it as such. I have no problem paying back any over wages, this is not the issue. the issue is the action they took with my patient, resulting in my loss of patient and work.and to my professional reputation, thank you for your reply.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">