• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help me (sorry this is long)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saturn_in_tx

im in texas. i was working for a school district and had fallen onto my right shoulder and forearm and elbow... trying to carry boxes via a dolly at work... i went to my employer and told him he began the paper work for me to go so their dr. i was given 3 choices of doctors i chose the emergency room as one of the choices. he told me that i could only go to this other one not the ER cause they would tripple bill my employer for the cost of the emergency visit... so i just went where he told me to... they x-rayed me and seen a ac seperation to my shoulder and possible fracture to my right forearm... she then refered me to the ER anyways.... so i went for a second oppinion for her... they concured they believed the same as first dr.. with their own xrays... they then refered me to an orthapedic for further evaluation.... his inital exam agreed to the xrays and wants me to come back in this friday for his exays of the affected area... and released me on light duty to my job with no use of the right arm for about 2 wks or so... my job gave me some hassle about not having a light duty position for me... but did find something for me...but said they didnt think they could keep this up for another 2 weeks..... so i went and thought and thought... well my position at this job requires me to lift very heavy boxes anywhere from 20lbs-over 100+ lbs...
i didnt think that after healing and returning... i could go back as well as before to continue my job performance to their expectations.... so i took it opon my self to resign from my job.... and after telling them this.... they proceeded to insinuate that my injury was not job related since i had no witness .... at the location of my injury there are cameras ive been told.... and the day in question they viewed the tape.(without me being there) i get a phone call saying they are filing a fradulant case against me with wc and will be in contact with me via the wc or their attorney... and finally he said sorry it had to be this way hope you dont wind up in prison after all this is said and done..... please some one out there...... do i have a leg to stand on? should i retain legal counsel? or i have never been in situation like this and need some advice.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">