• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about assuming mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ld_ranch

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arkansas
I'll try to make this short. My husband had financed a house with his ex-wife when they were married. They got a divorce, she signed a quit claim deed to him, and moved out of state. He continued to make payments on the house and let her daughter move in. He moved to a different state with me, and now his ex-wife has moved back into the house with her daughter. We are all on agreeable terms so there's no problem, but the ex-wife and daughter want to make the payments on the house (which we agree to) but they cannot get it refinanced in their names because of poor credit. They note was bought by a different company than the one they originally financed it with and they said they will not release my husband from financial responsibility unless the house is refinanced. Is there some kind of paper that can be drawn up legally saying the ex-wife & daughter will make the payments and when the house is paid for my husband will sign it over to them, or is there some way he can get his name off of it because of it being in both of their names, even though she signed a quit claim deed to him? The house is in Arkansas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">