• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StuckInAk

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alaska

I am in the process of selling my home. I received and accepted an offer on June 21. It is now Aug 17 and we have not closed because the buyers changed their financing from straight VA to VA first time home buyer which cost a week and a half waiting on his employer (the Army) to submit paperwork then another week because the VA system was down and the appraisal could not be downloaded. In this past 2 months I have had to go ahead and leave the state (the reason for selling my house in the first place) and stupidly left the keys with the new buyers (they are the children of my neighbors). I did this in good faith and on their assurance that they would not move in or make any changes before the deal closed. On Aug 11 I was informed of some final repairs ordered by the VA to be made and I also found out that they moved in 2 days after I left which was July 29 and have remodeled. I informed them that I had hired a real eastate agent to finish the deal and that he would be bringing an early occupancy agreement for them to sign. They refused to sign it and I'm afraid they may not allow the final repairs to be completed. My question is do I have ANY legal recourse at all here and where do I start?

JETX

StuckInAk said:
My question is do I have ANY legal recourse at all here and where do I start?
Yep. Simple notify them in WRITING that the contract has been terminated due to their failure to close within the time stipulated (if appropriate). Include that this notice is also their 30 day notice to terminate their 'at will' tenancy. Then, if they don't move out... evict them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">