• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can they fired me?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CKEGHER

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
california
Today i got fired for no apparent reason......
my boss called me his office and said that they were letting me go because of a customer complaint, but i know thats not the real reason at all.....
i happened to ask the accounting department how come they kept changing my clock out time to exactly 5:00pm. I know for a fact that I never clock out exactly at 5pm ever. I had also e-mailed my boss the same paper to him so that he knew about this.... welll all of a sudden they fire me the same day....That doesn't make any sense does it????? What can I do about this if anything at all????? really confused ckegher

BelizeBreeze

It doesn't matter why you were fired unless you can prove it was because of a protected status.

Since your post didn't allude to anything but your bosses perogative, start looking for a job.

CKEGHER

do u mean because they been changing my clock out times for about 5 weeks and isn't that against the law and they might of thought that would get them in trouble? what did u mean exactly(sorry)????

CKEGHER

and if i was doing something wrong don't they have to warn you or write you up on paper or something????

BelizeBreeze

I mean exactly that you have no LEGAL right to a job. your firing could have been because the boss got tired of looking at the pimple on your nose and it would have been legal.

If you were fired because you were a minority, your age or other protected status that MIGHT be illegal. But it wasn't.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It would also have been illegal if they fired you for complaining to the DOL about illegal pay practices. But even if the sole reason they fired you was for asking about your time sheets, internal complaints are not protected under the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">