• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperatley Seeking... A VERBAL AGREEMENT LAW

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Attolrac

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I had 6 months to redeem my home back from XYZ bank before losing it. I ask a friend to help me by getting my home financed in her name so that I could possibly repair my credit making it better over the next 1 - 2 years. We both "verbally" agreed that I would continue to live in my home, pay rent to her as a tenant and after 1 - 2 years with my credit score being better for me to either refinance my home or my friend would quit claim my home back over to me. After the sell, since I knew I was going to eventually get my home back I inherited money and had MAJOR REMODELING done to my home. I even paid the closing cost in my friends behalf...she did not have to come out her pocket for anything. After paying rent for 8 months and trusting my friend, she told me she was selling the house! :mad: I refused to move but had to eventually move because we had nothing in writing. (it was considerd a month to month rental agreement in court without a written lease) My friend actually moved her family from out of state into the home.!@#$%
Is their a Michigan "verbal" agreement law that would help me take this "Back Stabbing so-called-friend" to court to get money back from the closing cost I paid AND the money I put into the home for remodeling???
Desperately Seeking A VERBAL Law Agreement

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Attolrac said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I had 6 months to redeem my home back from XYZ bank before losing it. I ask a friend to help me by getting my home financed in her name so that I could possibly repair my credit making it better over the next 1 - 2 years. We both "verbally" agreed that I would continue to live in my home, pay rent to her as a tenant and after 1 - 2 years with my credit score being better for me to either refinance my home or my friend would quit claim my home back over to me. After the sell, since I knew I was going to eventually get my home back I inherited money and had MAJOR REMODELING done to my home. I even paid the closing cost in my friends behalf...she did not have to come out her pocket for anything. After paying rent for 8 months and trusting my friend, she told me she was selling the house! :mad: I refused to move but had to eventually move because we had nothing in writing. (it was considerd a month to month rental agreement in court without a written lease) My friend actually moved her family from out of state into the home.!@#$%
Is their a Michigan "verbal" agreement law that would help me take this "Back Stabbing so-called-friend" to court to get money back from the closing cost I paid AND the money I put into the home for remodeling???
Desperately Seeking A VERBAL Law Agreement

My response:

You're out of luck. Agreements concerning Real Property must be in writing.

Look up Michigan "Statute of Frauds".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">