• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

judie963

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?nj
I am a 60 year old female who has worked most of my adult life. I have always been considered a "valuable" or "above average" employee. In October of 2002 I joined the firm that I am now working for. I was hired as a co-manager at a retail location. In August of 2004 I was offered the position of store manager at a different location and with a different district manager. I accepted that position. Almost from day one I could do nothing to please the district manager who is my immediate supervisor. I received written disciplinary actions (the very first of my life) and was asked to step back from the position of manager to a co-manager position in yet another store. I moved to this location in May and still can do nothing to please this woman.

I feel that I am being held to different standard in this district than in the first (where I was obviously believed to be worthy of advancement or I would not have been offered the promotion) and that under this manager different stores and different persons are held to different standards.

The job has become so stressful that I am often feeling sick just at the thought of going to work......this is totally out of character for me as I have enjoyed every position that I have ever held.

Do I have a case for discrimation?

Beth3

Do I have a case for discrimation? You haven't provide any information that would support all this happened because of your age or gender.

BelizeBreeze

judie963 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?nj
I am a 60 year old female who has worked most of my adult life. I have always been considered a "valuable" or "above average" employee. In October of 2002 I joined the firm that I am now working for. I was hired as a co-manager at a retail location. In August of 2004 I was offered the position of store manager at a different location and with a different district manager. I accepted that position. Almost from day one I could do nothing to please the district manager who is my immediate supervisor. I received written disciplinary actions (the very first of my life) and was asked to step back from the position of manager to a co-manager position in yet another store. I moved to this location in May and still can do nothing to please this woman.

I feel that I am being held to different standard in this district than in the first (where I was obviously believed to be worthy of advancement or I would not have been offered the promotion) and that under this manager different stores and different persons are held to different standards.

The job has become so stressful that I am often feeling sick just at the thought of going to work......this is totally out of character for me as I have enjoyed every position that I have ever held.

Do I have a case for discrimation?
based solely on the facts you presented, no, there is no case for discrimination. You have either found a bad boss or there is a personality conflict you have not detailed here.

Regardless, there is nothign illegal in your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">