• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my homeowners association do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John L.

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My homeowners association has threatened to tow my vehicle parked on the street overnight. The CCR's state that no vehicle should be parked in the street overnight. But the subdivision was recently made part of the City of Charlotte. Charlotte allows parking in the street as long as the vehicle does not block the road. Does the association have the right to tow my vehicle?

HomeGuru

John L. said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My homeowners association has threatened to tow my vehicle parked on the street overnight. The CCR's state that no vehicle should be parked in the street overnight. But the subdivision was recently made part of the City of Charlotte. Charlotte allows parking in the street as long as the vehicle does not block the road. Does the association have the right to tow my vehicle?

**A: who owns the road, the HOA or the City?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">