• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Real Esate License ....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gusgusbulldog

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Delaware

I just passed my state and national exam to become a real estate agent, However when I took the class the instructors never mentioned anyone who has a misdemeanor on their criminal backround could be denied. I was told just any felonies on backround would disqualify you from getting a license.
I have 2 charges which are class A misdemeanors, one is sholifting 7 yrs ago, and I was wrongful accused and explained that to the Real Estate Commission in a letter, and the other is disorderly conduct. I had a fine for that, and it technically was self defense.
I gave all this info to the Commission, and I was denied my license, and now I have to appeal it...does anyone have any type of advice, should I get an attorney, or just present facts, to which I have no real documentation???
Please help, my appeal is Sept. 8th.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">