• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sleepygirl712

:( What is the name of your state Ohio

I work as a nurse in a hospital setting and was called in today to meet with my supervisors. They said that they had been told by a few of my coworkers that I do not perform my job responsibities as I should. The accusations are completely false and the reason they came up is because I have a habit of going off on my own to work. There are many personality conflicts between my coworkers and due to the hostile work environment, I try to keep to myself. I have two coworkers who are willing to talk in my behalf and say that I do everything that is required of me, but I'm not sure it will help. I was told that I am suspended and cannot return to work until they call. I am mad that this happened and feel powerless to make them see that this stuff is not true but have no way to prove to them otherwise. What can I do to keep my job if anything?
Thank you for your time

nohr4u1yr

Why?

I guess my question is...Why would your "supervisors" suspend you based on co-workers allegations of you not doing your work? If this was true, shouldn't the supervisor have already know this...since this is part of their job responsibilies of being a supervisor and confronted you on their own?

There is something missing here...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, what you describe does not come even remotely close to meeting the legal definition of a hostile work environment.

Unless you have a binding, enforceable contract that specifies under what circumstances you can and cannot be fired, your employment is at-will, which means either you or the employer can sever the employment relationship at any time and for any reason that does not violate the law.

If your employer decides not to bring you back to work, on the basis of what is in your post that will be legal.

If you are brought back to work, you need to do whatever it is they want you to do to resolve the personality conflicts. If this is all caused by the fact that you go off and do your work alone, stop doing that. If you are having problems with your co-workers, resolve them.

You need to remember that one person's truth is not always everyone's. It's entirely possible that your co-workers honestly believe that what they are saying about you is true. The fact that you feel you are doing everything required of you does not mean they agree. (I'm not saying you're right or wrong or that they are - just pointing out that everyone does not view every situation the same way.)

sleepygirl712

nohr4u1yr said:
I guess my question is...Why would your "supervisors" suspend you based on co-workers allegations of you not doing your work? If this was true, shouldn't the supervisor have already know this...since this is part of their job responsibilies of being a supervisor and confronted you on their own?

There is something missing here...
THe meeting was with the Director of Nursing of the Hospital and with my department supervisor, Their accusation is that based on information they have gotten from a few of my coworkers, I am not performing my duties. In my department, there are nurses who work 12 hour shift and sme who work 8 hour shifts, I am one of 2 12 hour nurses who come on at 7pm until 7am, so when I cone on at 7pm the nurses on the 3-11 shift are already working. We do team nursing which means I work on a team with am RN and LPN and a nurse assistant on 8-12 patients. When I get to work oftem the LPN I am assigned with is at lunch and I go do my rounds on my patients alone. It is a very busy hospital and it is easy to get caught up in the needs of everyone and stay with your "team" my job requires more respponsibility than that of the LPN and I am constanty running from room to room trying to keep up. The same thing happens at 11pm, a new set of nurses comes on and we are supposed to drop what we are doing and go on rounds with them, but already being there 4 hours and having a million things going on this is difficult. Not making excuses, I realize we need to be a team and do things together, just giving you a picture of the situation. So, because I cant prove going on my own that I actually did the things I am supposed to do, I am screwed.
I agree my supervisor shold have confronted me on her own, i was upset about that. The meetings I have had with her in the past have been about little things, me being a new nurse (Just over a year) I have made mistakes in my charting and forgot to make a few phone calls. Never has she accused me of charting assessments that I really havent done. I am just sick about this, I love my job and never wanted this to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">