• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint tenancy splitting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chelle68

What is the name of your state?pennsylvania
i've purchased a home with my boyfriend. we have equal ownership and we split the mortgage payments. He offered to put the 30k down payment and i would buy the fixins (furniture etc..). We are not getting along and when the fights get bad he says he will not sell his half to me (because he knows i love the place and have put tons of time and tlc into my gardens). when it comes to that day when we split, is he intitled to his 30k back (over and above the splitting price) even though there was no agreement to say so.

HomeGuru

chelle68 said:
What is the name of your state?pennsylvania
i've purchased a home with my boyfriend. we have equal ownership and we split the mortgage payments. He offered to put the 30k down payment and i would buy the fixins (furniture etc..). We are not getting along and when the fights get bad he says he will not sell his half to me (because he knows i love the place and have put tons of time and tlc into my gardens). when it comes to that day when we split, is he intitled to his 30k back (over and above the splitting price) even though there was no agreement to say so.

**A: that is something for the courts to decide. Search partition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">