• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting the run around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenmariek

What is the name of your state? I live in maine and i was injured at work almost 3 years ago i have seen many doctors but the one i'm seeing now knows the problem with my shoulder and has requested surgery but it has been denied twice. i had a mediation feb,14,2004 and my employers lawyer and my advocate agreed on a doctor for me to see for a second opinion about the surgery and i was told they would pay if new doctor agreed it would fix my shoulder, he agreed with my doctor, i got the report and so did my employer. now they want to settle , for paying the doctor bills and some money , nothing about the surgery, i have to go to a formal hearing in about 6 weeks, i need help. what should i ask for besides the surgery and aftercare and paying of the bills from doctors? i have suffered with pain far to long.

BlondiePB

jenmariek said:
What is the name of your state? I live in maine and i was injured at work almost 3 years ago i have seen many doctors but the one i'm seeing now knows the problem with my shoulder and has requested surgery but it has been denied twice. i had a mediation feb,14,2004 and my employers lawyer and my advocate agreed on a doctor for me to see for a second opinion about the surgery and i was told they would pay if new doctor agreed it would fix my shoulder, he agreed with my doctor, i got the report and so did my employer. now they want to settle , for paying the doctor bills and some money , nothing about the surgery, i have to go to a formal hearing in about 6 weeks, i need help. what should i ask for besides the surgery and aftercare and paying of the bills from doctors? i have suffered with pain far to long.
Why hasn't your attorney called the w/c carrier's attorney to get your surgery scheduled?

And why isn't your Atty. advising you on what to ask for?

In case these to posts are very clear, get an Atty. to look out for YOUR interest as everyone else seems to have one to make sure they are protected.

jenmariek

I live in maine, I dont have a lawyer i have an advocate thats suppose to help me. he called the companies insurance company and they said they wouldnt say if they would pay for the surgery or not because they are trying to settle with me. they keep dragging everything on and on.

BlondiePB

jenmariek said:
I live in maine, I dont have a lawyer i have an advocate thats suppose to help me. he called the companies insurance company and they said they wouldnt say if they would pay for the surgery or not because they are trying to settle with me. they keep dragging everything on and on.
You need to hire an attorney asap. Interview with 3-4 of them, try to find one that does w/c only, and no TV attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">