• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant-already on ltd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

preggers

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Texas

Come ON people...I need some answers ASAP. I am at 23 weeks!

Long involved story..abbreviated version. Injured (severely) in fire 8/91, came back to same co., lesser job/$ because of brain injuries in 1993, now work 25 hpw. Receive LTD and wages. Status recently (in June) changed to "full-time/partial dis". Had been prime-time (part>full). Recently announced pregnancy (due Jan.). NOW told inelig for STD (and pd. birth leave) because of status "partial dis". Never was told that before.

Doubt I'll be able to work past 7 months (mostly because of pulmonary issues).

Told leave would be a return to full-dis at 1991 levels (not adj for infl like current benefit is)(about $800/month less.).

Neither co. (emp or UNUM) can produce contract.

To compound things, co. just bought out. Don't think job is in danger, but you never know!

Do I have any rights/recourse/alternatives?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You didn't receive any replies, because your question was impossible to answer by anyone who had not read your insurance policies. We are not mind readers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">