• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIKEY123

What is the name of your state?TN
I live in an older home in a downtown area with a very small yard. When the house was built(around 1930) there was a shared garage used by 4 houses. My deed gives me the right to park in the garage, and rights to ingress/egress across two other yards. Three other homeowners have ingress/egress rights across my property. The deed also specifies that no vehicles of any kind are to be parked on the right of way. The garage was torn down over 30 years ago and fences have been placed by all of the other neighbors blocking the right of way. Since the garage has been torn down, and fences have been erected by previous owners is the easement still valid? I have a new neighbor that says he still has rights to ingress/egress and is going to start parking in his back yard. As I stated before the yards are very small and if he parks in his yard it would completely fill the yard blocking MY right of ingress/egress through his property. Since the deed specifically prohibits vehicles being parked on the right of way, can he do this? His deed states that even though the garage is destroyed, he still maintains his right to ingress/egress.

HomeGuru

MIKEY123 said:
What is the name of your state?TN
I live in an older home in a downtown area with a very small yard. When the house was built(around 1930) there was a shared garage used by 4 houses. My deed gives me the right to park in the garage, and rights to ingress/egress across two other yards. Three other homeowners have ingress/egress rights across my property. The deed also specifies that no vehicles of any kind are to be parked on the right of way. The garage was torn down over 30 years ago and fences have been placed by all of the other neighbors blocking the right of way. Since the garage has been torn down, and fences have been erected by previous owners is the easement still valid? I have a new neighbor that says he still has rights to ingress/egress and is going to start parking in his back yard. As I stated before the yards are very small and if he parks in his yard it would completely fill the yard blocking MY right of ingress/egress through his property. Since the deed specifically prohibits vehicles being parked on the right of way, can he do this? His deed states that even though the garage is destroyed, he still maintains his right to ingress/egress.

**A: have an attorney review the easement agreement.

MIKEY123

Thanks for the useless reply. :( If I wanted to see an attorney would I be using the free advice forum? Does anyone else have any ideas?

BelizeBreeze

MIKEY123 said:
Thanks for the useless reply. :( If I wanted to see an attorney would I be using the free advice forum? Does anyone else have any ideas?
Well hell yes I do.

1. hold the easement agreement up to the monitor and we'll take a look at it.

2. take the easement agreement to your local mechanic for a thorough overhaul.

3. Wipe your ass with your easement agreement, OR;

4. Take the damn thing to a local attorney who can read it and reply with some semblence of knowledge as to the local statutes and your particular situation.

Now, feel all better???

MIKEY123

Wouldn't it just be easier to say "I DON'T KNOW"? I guess that wouldn't allow you the opportunity to act like a horses ass!

BelizeBreeze

MIKEY123 said:
Wouldn't it just be easier to say "I DON'T KNOW"? I guess that wouldn't allow you the opportunity to act like a horses ass!
Oh, but I do know. It's you that's ignorant enough to think that any responsible person would give you a valid legal answer without even reading the easement agreement.

DUFUS! :rolleyes:

MIKEY123

Let me explain. I have Stage IV Kidney Disesease. I am unemployed/unemployable.. Too sick to work, not sick enough for disability. There is no easement agreement, easement doesn't appear on survey plat. I have discussed with an attorney who advised there are problems with the case, $1000 to get started, 2- 3k if we go to court. I am living off savings and can't spend thousands if I will most likekly lose. All references to easment are in deeds. I have that information. My deed, the neighbors deed, and the original deed to my property that is referenced on other deeds regarding the easement. If anyone can help, I can provide that information. I am in a serious dilemma, and would really appreciate any help, advice, or opinion.

HomeGuru

MIKEY123 said:
Let me explain. I have Stage IV Kidney Disesease. I am unemployed/unemployable.. Too sick to work, not sick enough for disability. There is no easement agreement, easement doesn't appear on survey plat. I have discussed with an attorney who advised there are problems with the case, $1000 to get started, 2- 3k if we go to court. I am living off savings and can't spend thousands if I will most likekly lose. All references to easment are in deeds. I have that information. My deed, the neighbors deed, and the original deed to my property that is referenced on other deeds regarding the easement. If anyone can help, I can provide that information. I am in a serious dilemma, and would really appreciate any help, advice, or opinion.

**A: your attitude sucks. You get nothing from us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">