• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Ownership Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nolagirl

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I know this will sound stupid, but I trusted this person completely--this is someone I was with for 15 years. I gave my boyfriend $20k during a time he had an offer on a house thinking it would be "our" house. i had a blemish on my credit at the time, so he was going to do the financing. This house fell through due to foundation problems, so I told him to keep the money till we found a house. he invested the money in the meantime. I found a house a few months later and he bought it. I have been helping (so I thought) pay the mortgage for the past 5 years and now he has thrown me out acting as if i was just a tenant. He now has the house up for sale. Is their any hope of asserting any ownership rights? If so, what should I do?

nolagirl said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I know this will sound stupid, but I trusted this person completely--this is someone I was with for 15 years. I gave my boyfriend $20k during a time he had an offer on a house thinking it would be "our" house. i had a blemish on my credit at the time, so he was going to do the financing. This house fell through due to foundation problems, so I told him to keep the money till we found a house. he invested the money in the meantime. I found a house a few months later and he bought it. I have been helping (so I thought) pay the mortgage for the past 5 years and now he has thrown me out acting as if i was just a tenant. He now has the house up for sale. Is their any hope of asserting any ownership rights? If so, what should I do?
Repost:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=269594

nolagirl

I wasn't sure what forum to post in so I posted in both. Anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">