• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title errors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

busdriver9049

What is the name of your state?MN
I have marital lein that was properly recording in 2002 My x wife refianced in 2004,some how the title company missed my lien and gave her a new mortgage.As I understand this now puts me in first lien position. I would like my lien paid off. What can I do ?

seniorjudge

To get your money, you must foreclose on the lien. The title company will have to pay you off, so you may want to contact them first and ask if they would just like to give you the money now or whether they want to go through a court battle.

HomeGuru

busdriver9049 said:
What is the name of your state?MN
I have marital lein that was properly recording in 2002 My x wife refianced in 2004,some how the title company missed my lien and gave her a new mortgage.As I understand this now puts me in first lien position. I would like my lien paid off. What can I do ?

**A: obtain a current title report and give us the facts.

Last edited:

busdriver9049

HomeGuru said:
**A: obtain a current titlereport and give us the facts.
I went to the county records office the other day to make sure my lien was recorded, it was in 2002 Then in 2004 my x refianced again. The first time 2002 she refianced she lied to loan officer said there were no liens. But there was a error on my part after getting divorced in 1999 I didnt know I was to record my divorce decree on the title so the lien was never properly recorded till 2002.At that time I subordinated my lien only to that lender not to any future refiance. So 2004 she refianced I didnt find out till a year later the she didnt it again.Thus Im in this position again but will not subordinate my lien this time because it was properly recorded.

HomeGuru

busdriver9049 said:
I went to the county records office the other day to make sure my lien was recorded, it was in 2002 Then in 2004 my x refianced again. The first time 2002 she refianced she lied to loan officer said there were no liens. But there was a error on my part after getting divorced in 1999 I didnt know I was to record my divorce decree on the title so the lien was never properly recorded till 2002.At that time I subordinated my lien only to that lender not to any future refiance. So 2004 she refianced I didnt find out till a year later the she didnt it again.Thus Im in this position again but will not subordinate my lien this time because it was properly recorded.

**A: this thread is confusing and you have contradicting yourself.
Hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">