• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Name Change due to Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newly

What is the name of your state?
State of Florida
I am recently married and am going through the tedious name change process. I own my home free and clear and need to legally change the warranty deed to my married name and also would like to put my husband's name on the deed as well.
How do I go about this?
Thank you for your time.

JETX

newly said:
What is the name of your state?
State of Florida
I am recently married and am going through the tedious name change process. I own my home free and clear and need to legally change the warranty deed to my married name and also would like to put my husband's name on the deed as well.
How do I go about this?
Thank you for your time.
Contact your county clerk/registrar about the name change.
HOWEVER, I do NOT suggest you add his name to YOUR property. I know you are in the bliss of a new marriage and all, but that could be a HUGE mistake for you to make when the 'reality' of marriage occurs in a few years.
If he isn't pressing for it and with DAMN good reason.... don't do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">