• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child w/ lead poisoning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jshorty84

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? TEXAS

I'm not sure if this arguement is necessarily still valid based on the time frame. A few years ago we were renting a house (which we now own) from a older gentleman. Prior to us moving there, the house had burned and was remodeled and repainted.As I stated earlier we were renting the house from the gentleman and some time later the house (by The City of Houston) was told to us to have lead in the paint. The City of Houston instructed everyone in the house to get tested for lead poisoning. Everyone in the house tested negative EXCEPT my child (who was born literally, in the house). My child had not had lead poisoning on his records before now. And now he does. Is there something that can still be done now? And if so what methods would you suggest in handling this?

xylene

thinkofthekids said:
CHELATE your lead poisoned child!
Thats good advice (not). I am sure you know the BLL of the child- thru the monitor, or is it the IP.

Chelation is TOTALLY inappropriate for mild to moderate elevations.

Would you give a child chemotherapy for a abnormal skin lesion? NO! You would give it for systemic cancer ONLY. Same principle with chelation

OP Don't give in to hysterics. Unless YOUR doctor prescribes chelation- don't seek it out. And if s/he does- ensure your child is monitored carefully. Because only an ignorant hysterical (however well meaning) fool would scream at you to get chelation without knowing your childs blood lead level.

Chelation is toxic- for mild to moderate poisonings it will do more harm than good.

HomeGuru

jshorty84 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? TEXAS

I'm not sure if this arguement is necessarily still valid based on the time frame. A few years ago we were renting a house (which we now own) from a older gentleman. Prior to us moving there, the house had burned and was remodeled and repainted.As I stated earlier we were renting the house from the gentleman and some time later the house (by The City of Houston) was told to us to have lead in the paint. The City of Houston instructed everyone in the house to get tested for lead poisoning. Everyone in the house tested negative EXCEPT my child (who was born literally, in the house). My child had not had lead poisoning on his records before now. And now he does. Is there something that can still be done now? And if so what methods would you suggest in handling this?

**A: you need to talk to a personal injury attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">