• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is failure to appear in court for child support a criminal law violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Donde

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I want to know if failure to appear in court for a child support hearing is a criminal law violation. I am up for a new job and the application asked have I ever been arrested or convicted of any criminal law violation and I put no. I was arrested for contempt of court is this a criminal violation.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Donde said:

I want to know if failure to appear in court for a child support hearing is a criminal law violation. I am up for a new job and the application asked have I ever been arrested or convicted of any criminal law violation and I put no.
Well, if you have not been arrested or convicted of a crime related to the FTA, then you seem to be correct in answering it that way.

- Carl

Crazed98

Donde said:

I want to know if failure to appear in court for a child support hearing is a criminal law violation. I am up for a new job and the application asked have I ever been arrested or convicted of any criminal law violation and I put no.

If you had brutally murdered someone but was never arrested or convicted you could have also put a no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">