• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanni

What is the name of your state? california
Do I have a case I was terminated from my job beacause I ask for one week vacation with out pay they deny my vacation I took it any way because they have never give any vacation since I work for the company for two and half year, I was told tha the reason why they deny it is I have already took a vacation this year, I told them that was family leave which I took when my mother died, it was was family leave I took not vacation.

Last edited:

Sockeye

That is true, you effectively resigned your position when you didn't show up.

It's also likely that you won't be able to collect unemployment.

Beth3

I was terminated from my job beacause I ask for one week vacation with out pay they deny my vacation I took it any way What did you think was going to happen? That your employer would just shrug their shoulders when you failed to show up for work? I agree with sockeye and judge - you resigned your job when you stopped showing up for work.

No, you don't have a wrongful termination case - not even close.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">