• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Partnership, who owns what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brandonl

Trademark Partnership, who owns what? I WANT TO LOSE THE PARTNER!

ok so here it is, I cam up with a company and presented it to my friend, we decided to get the company name a logo trademarked under both of our names as a partnership. This is the only documented thing we have done as of now, the rest is verbal agreement. Does this mean that half of the company is his?

I want to protect my self before we even try to make this company grow, but im affraid that im going to be the one doing all the work while my partner sits there with his thumb up his and let me do all the work. So far it seems that my partner has lost interest and i dont know what to do to get rid of him. So far we have only put in small amounts, myself i have put in $2,000 and my partner has thrown in $3,000, i want to take total control of the company my self. i have done all the work basically and he has thrown in $3,000 thats all. What are my options?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">