• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name unknowingly put on business license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1ncharge

What is the name of your state? washington

My father says he obtained a business license in Idaho in the names of my brothers and I for a small company he has just bought. Is this legal without my signature on anything, and if so, what are my tax liablities in the event the business takes in money that I never see?

Also, the shop for the business was built on a relatives property, too in Idaho, with only a verbal agreement about tenancy issues between they and my father. In the event there are any legal disputes between my father and said relatives, can they sue the "company" (my brothers and I) and will we be libel?

HomeGuru

1ncharge said:
What is the name of your state? washington

My father says he obtained a business license in Idaho in the names of my brothers and I for a small company he has just bought. Is this legal without my signature on anything, and if so, what are my tax liablities in the event the business takes in money that I never see?

Also, the shop for the business was built on a relatives property, too in Idaho, with only a verbal agreement about tenancy issues between they and my father. In the event there are any legal disputes between my father and said relatives, can they sue the "company" (my brothers and I) and will we be libel?

**A: there are way more issues here so hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">