• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated with cause.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geniewtlbh

What is the name of your state?I'm in PA. My employer is appealing my Unemployment Compensation. I had an argument with one of my superiors because she was demanding an explanation for an error in a document. I did not know what went wrong as the error may have been made by her, by someone else in the department or by me. I told her that I fixed the error but I didn't know how it happend. She told me that explanation was "unacceptable" so I told her the error had probably occurred because she hadn't followed procedures and, again, she told me that was "unacceptable". At that point I told her I didn't know what else to say. To avoid further argument and because I was busy doing other work I said goodbye and I hung up. She then overheard me telling a co-worker what had happened, said "unacceptable" again, I got upset and began arguing with her again. I have been verbally warned about hanging up, getting angry and talking out of turn at least two other times but these events occurred as a result of similar provocation by the same person and by others due to the double bind that my co-workers had placed me in. Does this constitute "gross misconduct" or "willful misconduct"?

nohr4u1yr

Class

While you are out looking for a job - take some time and sign up for an anger mangement class. As the the person posted - I wouldn't want you as an employee either.

HomeGuru

geniewtlbh said:
What is the name of your state?I'm in PA. My employer is appealing my Unemployment Compensation. I had an argument with one of my superiors because she was demanding an explanation for an error in a document. I did not know what went wrong as the error may have been made by her, by someone else in the department or by me. I told her that I fixed the error but I didn't know how it happend. She told me that explanation was "unacceptable" so I told her the error had probably occurred because she hadn't followed procedures and, again, she told me that was "unacceptable". At that point I told her I didn't know what else to say. To avoid further argument and because I was busy doing other work I said goodbye and I hung up. She then overheard me telling a co-worker what had happened, said "unacceptable" again, I got upset and began arguing with her again. I have been verbally warned about hanging up, getting angry and talking out of turn at least two other times but these events occurred as a result of similar provocation by the same person and by others due to the double bind that my co-workers had placed me in. Does this constitute "gross misconduct" or "willful misconduct"?

**A; you can be terminated with cause or without cause, but not cause of menopause or believing in Mr. Claus.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Does this constitute "gross misconduct" or "willful misconduct"?

That is too situation specific a question to be answered on a message board. It might - it might not. It will depend on how the state sees it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">