• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA - Pen Name for Jewelry Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluestbirds2004

What is the name of your state?:rolleyes: What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Let me just say... I would appreciate any help that I can get... SOOOO MUCH!

Here is the scenario... I am going to be locally selling some handmade jewelry that I make, also possibly on ebay and branching out if all goes well. With all the talk of identity theft and my bad luck with 'stalkers' I am extremely weary of using my real name. So I would like to use a pen name/alias/pseudonymous name (choose your preferred term). From what I have been able to find out this isn't legally an issue BUT what about logistically? How do you explain to your postal delivery person that you will also be getting mail with the last name 'SMITH'? How about credit cards and taxes?

I am so confused! Oh and one other little thing... I have been told over and over that it is 'SO EASY' to get a tax ID number and become a 'registered crafter/vendor' BUT I have no clue how to do this! Help?!? Someone?

Thanks so much in advance... Ms. Smith ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">