• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an idea or concept be patented or copywrited

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwilki

What is the name of your state? WY

What I need to know is if it's true that an idea or concept can be copywrited? I want to start my own clinic, not salon, for NATURAL NAILS but a woman who started the Natural Nail Care Clinics says that her concept has a copywrite. She has a few clinics, mostly in the eastern part of the US of A but some in CA and one in CO.

If this is true, how can I get around it?

Brandonl

kwilki said:
What is the name of your state? WY

What I need to know is if it's true that an idea or concept can be copywrited? I want to start my own clinic, not salon, for NATURAL NAILS but a woman who started the Natural Nail Care Clinics says that her concept has a copywrite. She has a few clinics, mostly in the eastern part of the US of A but some in CA and one in CO.

If this is true, how can I get around it?
Definition of Copyright: The legal right granted to an author, composer, playwright, publisher, or distributor to exclusive publication, production, sale, or distribution of a literary, musical, dramatic, or artistic work.

NO! a copyright protects art and written materials such as logos and books not ideas or concepts, A concept can be patented if its a an idea of i.e. a 21cylinder engine or some mechanical mumbo jumbo like that, so ur safe! go tell that person to shove it up there ass, as far as im concerned ur offering a service right? can one plumber say that he owns the right to fix leaky pips.. no. So good luck! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">