• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ltd denied after 11 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltddenied

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I have had uncontrolled hypertension since 1994. I went on short term disability and then 6 months later ltd. Some years later, a lawyer approached me about getting social security. I did and was declared totally disabled by the social security judge. I have been on ss and ltd ever since.
Last week, I received a denial letter from my company without notice of any kind. My ss pays for my mortgage only. I relied on my ltd for my bills. Besides the loss of money, the stress is incredible. I have spoken to the company claims manager and she says there is no reason I cannot do sedentary work. My cardiologist has written several letters to no avail.
I'm not sure where to go from here. Can you help?

ltddenied

They claim that the medical information does not support my inability to perform sedentary work. A very few times over the 11 years, my blood pressure was normal or below. Those few times are the ones they picked out to use to deny the claim.

ellencee

They claim that the medical information does not support my inability to perform sedentary work. A very few times over the 11 years, my blood pressure was normal or below. Those few times are the ones they picked out to use to deny the claim.
You should be able to file an appeal and a request to continue to receive benefits during the appeal process. I suggest you hire an attorney to represent you in resolving this matter. Take all of your information with you to the attorney's office and have your information arranged in chronological order, with an index or table of contents. By "information" I am referring to your copies of the routine 'why you are still disabled' forms from the LTD that have been submitted over the years and your copies of all medical opinion letters that have been provided by your physicians to the LTD carrier. I suggest an attorney because you may have reason to file suit claiming bad-faith denial of benefits. (After 11 years of providing benefits, you can bet that somewhere your LTD carrier's employee is set to receive a bonus for getting you off of the payroll of benefits.)

Sedentary work is about the worst 'job' a person with uncontrolled hypertension could have. It would be like placing tourniquets on the legs and releasing them simultaneously every time you stood up!

With that being said, I have to say I can not imagine why you can not work at some type of job. Many people with uncontrolled hypertension work every day and those who do virtually nothing do not live very long.

Best wishes with your appeal,
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">