• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dennystours

Quiet Title???

What is the name of your state?I reside in California. Back in '98 my ex-girlfriend added my name to a house deed. The house was granted her through divorce in a prior marriage. I am not on the loan. Now that we broke up I'm being sued in civil court to remove my name. She is using many false allegations. We never lived in it, it was always rented out. I invested time and money in repairs and renting. I didn't receive income from renting the house.We were together 6 years from '98 to '03 and stayed at my mom's. This was due to the fact that I wanted to save as much money as possible in order to begin a tour bus company. I managed to launch it in Sept. of '99. Unfortunetly in May of 2000 I was not allowed to do business. So as not to loose our investment we verbally agreed to transfer the business in name to her. The house was to be security. She was allowed to operate and is doing great. In the law suit she makes no mention of our agreements and the business. I have counter suited. What are my chances? Should I settle out of court? Can they remove me from title?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">