• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deeds/Dual property ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jen061875

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My sister purchased a house a couple of months ago for me with cash. It has been a complete nightmare dealing with her since then. I was to start paying her for the house in January. We are both recorded on the cash deed as legal owners of the property. All of a sudden she wants me to sign to my understanding a quit claim deed on the house reliquishing my rights to the property so that she can sell it because she got mad at me. I do not want to do this. I want to take out a mortgage, pay her what I owe her and get her name off of the house. She makes it sound like I HAVE to sign whatever it is she wants me to sign. Is this true? Thanks.

HomeGuru

jen061875 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My sister purchased a house a couple of months ago for me with cash. It has been a complete nightmare dealing with her since then. I was to start paying her for the house in January. We are both recorded on the cash deed as legal owners of the property. All of a sudden she wants me to sign to my understanding a quit claim deed on the house reliquishing my rights to the property so that she can sell it because she got mad at me. I do not want to do this. I want to take out a mortgage, pay her what I owe her and get her name off of the house. She makes it sound like I HAVE to sign whatever it is she wants me to sign. Is this true? Thanks.

**A: you don't have to sign nuting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">