• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GA-D

What is the name of your state?Georgia
A quick question as it applies to my property being stolen out of my car while employed at another persons house?? Are they liable to pay through thier insurance company or is it my responsibility to file through my own homeowners??

Did they break into the car or did YOU leave it open for them? How much were the item/s worth? I think your insurance and then what is your deductible? And lastly is it worth a claim if your premiums go up or in some cases the insurance cancelled?

GA-D

It was locked, not broken into, but the anti-theft device was triggered. I know that my deductable is too high and that my insurance premium will go up if I file on my policy, that's why I'm wondering if somehow the people's house, where I was contractually employed, are legally responsable under to file the claim on thier policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">