• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully terminated?! I don't know?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OtisCucamonga

I am "let go" in Wisconsin and not sure if I have a leg to stand on.
I was basically told this by the owner's son when I was let go. "It is obvious that you put your family first, you've made no bones about that; so we're gonna do what you want us to do and "let you go". I have always had great reviews, never ANY disciplinary action against me, missed 2-3 days of work in the past 2 years due to me being sick and EVEN THEN I WORKED FROM HOME.
So basically did they just fire me because "my family comes first?" I don't get it? When I took the job they assured me they were FAMILY FRIENDLY. I worked 40-50 hour weeks. Come to find out two days after they let me go - they filled my position with one of the partner's brothers. Should I just let this go or not? This employer is the kind of employer who does nothing by the rules. Daddy owns the company and employs his in-ept daughter and son. I feel this was illegal but maybe it wasn't? Any thoughts??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
On the basis of what you have posted, no, this was not illegal. Unfair possibly; illegal, no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">