• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Certify decree vs. QCD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deja_vu2000

What is the name of your state?Missouri

My divorce decree states I am to receive the real estate. Ex does not want to cooperate and sign a QCD. How do you go about filing a "certify decree" (think that is correct term) to convey the property to my name only. Do I need an attorney? Can I just bring a certified copy of my divorce decree to the recorder of deeds office or do I have to go back to court first?
I do not have to refinance the house because his name was never on the loan.

Thanks

HomeGuru

Deja_vu2000 said:
What is the name of your state?Missouri

My divorce decree states I am to receive the real estate. Ex does not want to cooperate and sign a QCD. How do you go about filing a "certify decree" (think that is correct term) to convey the property to my name only. Do I need an attorney? Can I just bring a certified copy of my divorce decree to the recorder of deeds office or do I have to go back to court first?
I do not have to refinance the house because his name was never on the loan.

Thanks

**A: you need to go to court. The recorder's office is not going to do anything with the decree. And a decree DOES NOT transfer property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">