• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner Associations-Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

impcmonk

Ohio-
My neighborhood has a Homeowners Association. While the declaration was filed with the county recorder, it wasn't given to all of the original homeowners in the neighborhood. For example, I have deed restrictions that I signed for in my deed. My neighbor does not. With that being the case does the HOA have the right to enforce on homeowners that didn't sign for any restrictions? If they can't then I would assume that they can't enforce on those that do have them. I thought it must be uniform throughout the community.

There is also no stated dues amount. It just says "for the day to day operations." Yet every year they feel they can make the dues what they want without having a vote with the community. Can they legally charge you something that's not stated??????????

HomeGuru

impcmonk said:
Ohio-
My neighborhood has a Homeowners Association. While the declaration was filed with the county recorder, it wasn't given to all of the original homeowners in the neighborhood. For example, I have deed restrictions that I signed for in my deed. My neighbor does not. With that being the case does the HOA have the right to enforce on homeowners that didn't sign for any restrictions? If they can't then I would assume that they can't enforce on those that do have them. I thought it must be uniform throughout the community.

There is also no stated dues amount. It just says "for the day to day operations." Yet every year they feel they can make the dues what they want without having a vote with the community. Can they legally charge you something that's not stated??????????
**A: it does not matter if the restrictions were signed for or not. If they are recorded on title of all the neighbors, such neighbors are also bound by the restrictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">