• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

U.S. Senators

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OvertheLine

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have sent a message to all of our U.S. Senators.
The majority of the automated email replies from them advise me that due to the amount of emails they receive, they are only able to respond to the people who live within their district, or state.
I wanted to know if it was illegal to misrepresent myself, by filling out each one of their individual state forms and claiming to be a resident of that state or district?
The information package I am sending them pertains to everybody in this Nation, so, their replies are not of any benefit to me directly, other than knowing, and being able to show, how and when each and every one of our U.S. Senators respond to what my state Attorney General's office referred to as, a National issue.

You Tell 'Em, OvertheLine!!

OvertheLine:

I don't think you did anything wrong at all. If you are an American citizen, and your information pertains to our entire Nation, then you have every right to tell every individual Congress-person and every government agency leader that information.

Why? Because our Founding Fathers set up our government giving The People the power (called a "Democratic Republic"); so every government employee and elected official WORKS for The People. That means, you and me! Our taxes pay their salaries.

So, carry on. Keep writing to them. All of them. Their email autoresponders are just that: automatic. It doesn't necessarily mean the recipient doesn't get the information. If you think they are ignoring you, you can send the info via snail mail, and write on the envelope, "Your Vote In Congress Effects My Life, So You Need This Information." (At least, that's what I would do.)

Besides, I write my government leaders all the time (some of them hate me for it, but I don't care. They work for ME! I am an AMERICAN.). See, regardless of the state they represent, it is their COLLECTIVE votes during Congressional Sessions that directly effect ALL Americans, so they work for all of us. Don't ever let them forget that.

BTW, what's this National Issue you were informing them about?

seniorjudge

I wanted to know if it was illegal to misrepresent myself, by filling out each one of their individual state forms and claiming to be a resident of that state or district?

When they find out you are a liar, I am certain they will pay attention to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">