• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SCOTT42

What is the name of your state?TEXAS

I BOUGHT A COMPUTER MONITOR FROM A FLEA MARKET AND EVENTUALLY GAVE IT TO A FRIEND FOR SOME CAR WASH PASSES. A MONTH AFTER I GAVE IT TO HIM I WAS CALLED IN AND TOLD I WAS CAUGHT STEALING AND WOULD BE ARRESTED IMMEDIATLY IF A DID NOT COMPLY WITH SECURITY. I TOLD SECURITY MY STORY AND THEY SAID IT DID NOT MATTER THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM THE FLEA MARKET. THEY HAVE NO WAY TO LINK ME TO THIS MONITOR. IT WAS NOT IN MY INVENTORY NOR WAS IT REPORTED MISSING. I SIGNED A CONFESSION STATING I TRADED A MONITOR FOR CAR WASH PASS BUT NEVER ADMITTED TO STEALING. I SIGNED THIS BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE ME ARRESTED. WHEN I TALKED TO HR ABOUT FIRING THEY TOLD ME I CONFESSED BUT THEY ONLY THING I CONFESSED TO WAS TRADING FOR CAR WASH PASSES NOT STEALING. DO A HAVE A CASE?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, turn off your caps lock. It makes your post very hard to read and is considered shouting on the internet.

Second, a case for what? Wrongful termination? No, you don't. Your employer may legally fire you for suspicion of stealing, even if they are completely mistaken.

SCOTT42

I do not work for car wash company.I work for company that has computer equipment.This monitor was traced back to a new store that opened nowhere close to were I live.

Beth3

So in other words, you bought a monitor at a flea market that turned out to be stolen equipment from the very company you work for. That's quite an unfortunate coincidence.

THEY HAVE NO WAY TO LINK ME TO THIS MONITOR. Apparently they do otherwise they wouldn't have even known to talk to you about it in the first place.

DO A HAVE A CASE? You never say so but I'm supposing you were terminated. No, you don't have a case for anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">