• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please I need help with this ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tom (IL)

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?IL
Hi Everyone
This is my first time to the website.

This is my situation.
I work for a company that owns commercial RealEstate as in large Malls and office buildings.

I work in the grounds crew/maintence department taking care of the outside and inside of one of there malls.

I was called into the office recently and told it's come to there attention that I buy and sell residentual houses and that when I started with the company that I signed a form stating that if I ever have any other outside employment that I have to disclose it to them and that they have the right to decide if my outside job will be considered a conflict.

Here is the letter that they want me to fill out that i'm having second thoughts about filling out because some of my coworkers claim this is the form they use to get rid of someone if they want to get rid of them which I feel they do because my immediate supervisor and I don't get along and some of my fellow coworkers have over heard him say to upper management which he is close friends with that he want's me gone and the real kicker about all this is that we are a Union Shop and the supervisors are covered under the Union Contract and the company has told me that our Union Business Agent has told them that there should be no problem with me having to fill out the form which I feel other wise because I for 1)have never bought or sold a single home yet and in a sence I'm really not in business because I've never applied for a Business License or anything like that yet.

Also by the way even though I have cards that say WE BUY HOUSES I have never handed any out to customers of the mall or any store employees but I have given afew cards to fellow coworkers who wanted to know more about it meaning wanting to get free knowlege on how it works.

Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
??? has adoped "The Code of Business Conduct and Ethics"which outlines a wide range of business practices,procedures and basic principles to guide the company. This code defines what acceptable behavior should be on the part of ??? employees in certain business situations and how to avoid conduct that may interfere in some way with the interests of the company.

Any waivers to this code on behalf of an employee of ??? must be in writing and be pproved by:
1) The employee's immediate supervisor; and 2) The supervisor of such immediate supervisor.
(If the immediate supervisor is n executive officer of the company a waiver provided by the executive officer will be sufficent).

Other Employment
Disclosure of employment outside ??? is a requirement of this code. Following a full disclosure, ??? employees may hold outside employment and/ or provide service for a fee to another business concern as long as a conflict of interest does not exist.

Do you employment outside of ??? Yes or No

Employer Hours per week
1.__________________ ______________________.
2.__________________ ______________________.

Disclosure of Outside Business Interest or Vendor Relationships.
Please disclose:1)Companies in which you or your immediate family have ownership (other than companies listed on a public stock exchange,in which you own less than 1% of outstanding shares); 2)Companies owned by or employing relatives of you, which do business with ???; 3)Companies in which you participate as a Officer or Director, or paid consultant, which do business with ???.

Do you have outside business interests or vendor relationships? Yes Or No?

If yes,please list

Name and Location of Company
1_________________________________________.
2_________________________________________.

Relationship to Employee

Do you have relatives employed by ??? Yes or No?

If yes,please list name and relation:____________________.

I have read and understand the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics guidlines. I understand that a new waiver form must be completed whenever there is a change in my employment or business interest. I understand any violation of this statement or withholding of information ia a basis for immediate termination. I further agree to report any violations of this policy.

So if someone could please give me advice on what I should say or on how to say it to them to get them to leave me alone about this because i'm afraid that if I say I'm not in business they'll say yes I am because I have Cards and then fire me for lying and if I say yes they'll fire me because they'll claim it's a conflict of interest which I don't see how because they deal in commercial Real Estate and the other is I can't see how the union can say yes to the companies request when I feel the union should be helping me by saying no that he doesn't have to fill it out because we don't want to see him be messed with.

Thanks ahead of time for any help and advice anyone can give me on this situation and i'll keep you all up to date on what happens.

Tom from (IL)

Shay-Pari'e

Tom (IL) said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?IL
Hi Everyone
This is my first time to the website.

This is my situation.
I work for a company that owns commercial RealEstate as in large Malls and office buildings.

I work in the grounds crew/maintence department taking care of the outside and inside of one of there malls.

I was called into the office recently and told it's come to there attention that I buy and sell residentual houses and that when I started with the company that I signed a form stating that if I ever have any other outside employment that I have to disclose it to them and that they have the right to decide if my outside job will be considered a conflict. Point. 1, you did sign this, and they are within their rights, as they can operate the business how they like.

Here is the letter that they want me to fill out that i'm having second thoughts about filling out because some of my coworkers claim this is the form they use to get rid of someone if they want to get rid of them which I feel they do because my immediate supervisor and I don't get along and some of my fellow coworkers have over heard him say to upper management which he is close friends with that he want's me gone and the real kicker about all this is that we are a Union Shop and the supervisors are covered under the Union Contract and the company has told me that our Union Business Agent has told them that there should be no problem with me having to fill out the form which I feel other wise because I for 1)have never bought or sold a single home yet and in a sence I'm really not in business because I've never applied for a Business License or anything like that yet.They are within their rights to ask. This was policy when you started.

Also by the way even though I have cards that say WE BUY HOUSES I have never handed any out to customers of the mall or any store employees but I have given afew cards to fellow coworkers who wanted to know more about it meaning wanting to get free knowlege on how it works.Thats what the issue is. They told you it was not acceptable, yet you did it anyways.

Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
??? has adoped "The Code of Business Conduct and Ethics"which outlines a wide range of business practices,procedures and basic principles to guide the company. This code defines what acceptable behavior should be on the part of ??? employees in certain business situations and how to avoid conduct that may interfere in some way with the interests of the company.

Any waivers to this code on behalf of an employee of ??? must be in writing and be pproved by:
1) The employee's immediate supervisor; and 2) The supervisor of such immediate supervisor.
(If the immediate supervisor is n executive officer of the company a waiver provided by the executive officer will be sufficent).

Other Employment
Disclosure of employment outside ??? is a requirement of this code. Following a full disclosure, ??? employees may hold outside employment and/ or provide service for a fee to another business concern as long as a conflict of interest does not exist.

Do you employment outside of ??? Yes or No

Employer Hours per week
1.__________________ ______________________.
2.__________________ ______________________.

Disclosure of Outside Business Interest or Vendor Relationships.
Please disclose:1)Companies in which you or your immediate family have ownership (other than companies listed on a public stock exchange,in which you own less than 1% of outstanding shares); 2)Companies owned by or employing relatives of you, which do business with ???; 3)Companies in which you participate as a Officer or Director, or paid consultant, which do business with ???.

Do you have outside business interests or vendor relationships? Yes Or No?

If yes,please list

Name and Location of Company

Relationship to Employee

Do you have relatives employed by ??? Yes or No?

If yes,please list name and relation:____________________.

I have read and understand the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics guidlines. I understand that a new waiver form must be completed whenever there is a change in my employment or business interest. I understand any violation of this statement or withholding of information ia a basis for immediate termination. I further agree to report any violations of this policy.

So if someone could please give me advice on what I should say or on how to say it to them to get them to leave me alone about this because i'm afraid that if I say I'm not in business they'll say yes I am because I have Cards and then fire me for lying and if I say yes they'll fire me because they'll claim it's a conflict of interest which I don't see how because they deal in commercial Real Estate and the other is I can't see how the union can say yes to the companies request when I feel the union should be helping me by saying no that he doesn't have to fill it out because we don't want to see him be messed with.

Thanks ahead of time for any help and advice anyone can give me on this situation and i'll keep you all up to date on what happens.

Tom from (IL)
You need to disclose any outside business. That is what you agreed too when you dotted the line with them.

I say if you can make more with the side job (although you say you haven't started) if you think there is a high return, and that they will probably fire you. fill out the information anyway, if they fire you you may get some sort of a paid severance (check into it). Then run with the new business. You may have more money and more freedom than you did with your everyday job.

Just my opinion.

BelizeBreeze

solutions41201 said:
I say if you can make more with the side job (although you say you haven't started) if you think there is a high return, and that they will probably fire you. fill out the information anyway, if they fire you you may get some sort of a paid severance (check into it). Then run with the new business. You may have more money and more freedom than you did with your everyday job.

Just my opinion.
And your opinion will result in this poster being fired for cause, no chance for unemployment and you looking like an idiot.

I will remind you only once that this is a LEGAL ADVICE forum and not your opinion. If you do not know the Correct legal answer then keep your erroneous opinions to yourself.

Or expect a visit from the administrator of this site or your membership to be revoked.

Tom (IL)

Paridise so what your saying is.

Thanks all for replying to my post.

So Paridise what your saying is that I should sign Yes for having a Business even though nothing legally say's I'm in Business except some cards that say WE BUY HOUSES when there is no (we) but instead just little oh (me) and have never bought or sold anything yet?

Please Explain how I fill out the HOURS PER WEEK sense I go weeks even a month with out doing anything related to buying or selling houses?

The other is when I started and signed I asked them & what I was told was if I started a Maintence or cleaning company or anything real estate commercially meaning me purchasing malls big or small I needed to disclose it to them so sense i'm not a commercial real estate investor or seller I take that to mean i'm not in a conflict with the policy.

Thanks again ahead of time for any advise on my situation.

Tom (IL)

Tom (IL)

Hi All
I know it's been acouple of weeks sense I posted this question but I felt I should let all know what the out come was.

Thank GOD for UNIONS, after weeks of my company pulling me into the office and telling me they need the letter filled out I was just about ready to sign it and see what happens but I stood my ground and I'm glad I did because after the last time that they called me into the office and told me that they spoke with my Union Business Agent and that he told them that I do have to fill the form out and I told them that I would need to hear that from him in person and would you believe that when I called him to tell him what they said he called me back and left me a message on my cell that he never told them that and what he told them was to have them fax him the letter and he would have the Union Legal Department look it over and get back to them about the letter.

Well he came up to my work this past Friday and showed me the letter he had for the company about the letter that they wanted me to fill out.

The letter from the Union stated that sense I'm a barganing employee i'm not under any company policy to have to fill out this form and that they should reframe from demanding me to fill out the form and that if they don't the Union will have to start legal matters against the company and guess what they have LEFT ME ALONE ABOUT THAT STUPID LETTER.....

I say again THANK GOD FOR UNIONS.....and Lawyers :)

Tom (IL)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">