• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I closed on my loan but now the Mortgage company is trying to change the HUD1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nate41

undefined
What is the name of your state?
Maryland

On Wednesday night my wife and I signed all of the settlement papers on our refinance loan. Everything was as we wanted it except one payoff was higher than I negotiated with one creditor but I knew I have the 3 days to make any changes before the loan funds.

Long story short...I get a call yesterday (the day after signing all docs)from the title company stating that the mortgage company has sent them new closing instructions. The problem with this is, they are requiring that I pay off my new car down to 10 payments, and they weren't including a lien that I negotiated a payoff for. Their scenario does not work and there is no benefit to us to do the loan that way.

Can the mortgage company do this? and whose fault is it that the instructions were not to the mortgage companies liking...the title company or the mortgage company. Doesn't Releasing the package to be closed say that the mortgage company agrees to carry and fund the loan, and aren't the signed and notarized documents binding.

What are my rights?

Please help because I need this loan to fund on time to honor my payoff with my creditors.

HomeGuru

nate41 said:
undefined
What is the name of your state?
Maryland

On Wednesday night my wife and I signed all of the settlement papers on our refinance loan. Everything was as we wanted it except one payoff was higher than I negotiated with one creditor but I knew I have the 3 days to make any changes before the loan funds.

Long story short...I get a call yesterday (the day after signing all docs)from the title company stating that the mortgage company has sent them new closing instructions. The problem with this is, they are requiring that I pay off my new car down to 10 payments, and they weren't including a lien that I negotiated a payoff for. Their scenario does not work and there is no benefit to us to do the loan that way.

Can the mortgage company do this? and whose fault is it that the instructions were not to the mortgage companies liking...the title company or the mortgage company. Doesn't Releasing the package to be closed say that the mortgage company agrees to carry and fund the loan, and aren't the signed and notarized documents binding.

What are my rights?

Please help because I need this loan to fund on time to honor my payoff with my creditors.
**A: yes, they can do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">