• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not billed what I was quoted HELP !!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rhonda1972

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Maryland

Hello
I own a house and recently my Homeowners insurance was up for renewal. The premium when up quite a bit compared to what I was paying. I shopped around and when I found the same coverage at a lower price I canceled my current policy and sent payment IN FULL to the new company. In return the company mailed me a packet and an additional bill.

I contacted my agent and he told me it was for a claim on my house and gave me the date of the claim (which I DIDN’T LIVE THERE ON THE DATE OF THE CLAIM) I never had a claim on my house. He told me that is why it is higher than what he quoted me. I told him I did not own the house on the date in question and he then said give him a few days, meanwhile I am concerned with the balance due. I do not want to be canceled or penalized.

He recently got back to me and said that the underwriter is reviewing things and doesn’t seem to think the additional fees where coming from the claim I supposed had.

My question is:
What are my rights? If you are quoted a price isn’t that the price you should pay period?

Now I have to wait until he hears something from the underwriter and I asked for the phone number to resolve the issue and he said he is not allowed to give that information out.

The payment due is due on 8/29.
What are my rights and what can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">