• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Owners Association problem in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmya57

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA :rolleyes:

Title 68 of the PA statues

I live in PA, in a HOA planned community, where the Board refuses to follow the DCR and rules. Specifically, our Association has extra funds, $50k plus, and the Board wants to spend this money without input from the community.
According to Title 68, they must get approval....
So, they have votes, which are not verified by independent observers, are counting 1/2 votes in household with two owners, etc.....

They have raised our assessments despite having all this extra funds....

They have threatened community members, and when presented at HOA meetings, they deny everything. Most community members dont show up anyways....

Is there legal issues here? is there someway to stop the Board or to force the Board to abide by the DCR and covenants?

Yes, I know we can run for the Board and become members, but the Board comprises of 3 members, and 2 members quit and were replaced by cronies of the President of the Board, and none of them can be replaced until their terms expires.

I will consider (along with other fellow members) hiring a lawyer for consultation and whatever necessary.

thanks,
Jim

jimmya57

I slipped on the keyboard! I thought the second one did not go through since it stated 'only one reply every 15 minutes'
sorry

HomeGuru

jimmya57 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA :rolleyes:

Title 68 of the PA statues

I live in PA, in a HOA planned community, where the Board refuses to follow the DCR and rules. Specifically, our Association has extra funds, $50k plus, and the Board wants to spend this money without input from the community.
According to Title 68, they must get approval....
So, they have votes, which are not verified by independent observers, are counting 1/2 votes in household with two owners, etc.....

They have raised our assessments despite having all this extra funds....

They have threatened community members, and when presented at HOA meetings, they deny everything. Most community members dont show up anyways....

Is there legal issues here? is there someway to stop the Board or to force the Board to abide by the DCR and covenants?

Yes, I know we can run for the Board and become members, but the Board comprises of 3 members, and 2 members quit and were replaced by cronies of the President of the Board, and none of them can be replaced until their terms expires.

I will consider (along with other fellow members) hiring a lawyer for consultation and whatever necessary.

thanks,
Jim

**A: you really need to do as your last sentence suggested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">